A Fresh Start
Soooo I know it's like three weeks into the new year and I'm just now posting my goals...but let's just pretend not to notice that and hope I don't continue this trend of procrastination throughout the year. Whaddup 2018!
Also, this is my second time writing this so maybe I should add “learn to save your drafts” to my goals for the year...
I know, I know. “A Fresh Start”. No matter how cliché it sounds, there truly is something so refreshing and encouraging about a new year. Obviously you can set goals at any time and it’s not much different, but there’s just something about a clean slate and a new year laid out in front of you like a fresh layer of snow or a clean canvas waiting to be painted. I know I always feel more motivated when a new year begins. So with that being said, I thought I’d share a few of my 2018 goals with you. Maybe they’ll inspire you, maybe they’ll make you laugh. I’m just hoping putting them out there will keep me somewhat accountable.
• Learn to drive a stick shift. Obviously this isn’t a super important goal, but it’s something I’ve been wanting to do and I think it would be a lot of fun.
• Be more active. This includes walking the dog more often, possibly starting running again, exploring more of our beautiful state, and just getting out and about more as a family.
• Enroll in online schooling. This is probably the scariest one for me because it’s not only super intimidating, it’s also a big decision. I have no idea what I want to do for a career and it’s hard to just choose something. I LOVE being a stay at home mom and plan to keep that my main priority for a while, but finishing up some schooling would give me hope to contribute financially to my family in the future and give me a confidence boost.
• Give blogging another try. I’ve done this over and over again, but maybe 2018 will be the year when I get my s*** together. I have a lot of ideas and when I’m feeling inspired I get super excited, but it’s hard for me to always find the time and motivation to sit down and write or put certain plans into action.
• Learn to budget our money better. We do pretty well, but a lot of times we spend too much money on eating out or random things that I want and I’d like to focus more on saving and making sure we have some allotted funds for fun stuff rather than just spending recklessly.
• Get a few of the tattoos I’ve been wanting for years. There have always been obstacles, whether it’s money or pregnancy or the fact that I’m still breastfeeding, and I’m hoping the stars will align and there will be a period of time where I can get a few pieces I’ve dreamed about.
• Get pregnant. Sounds kind of funny to put that as a goal. I have this constant debate in my head as to whether or not I want another baby so close to Milo (for lots of reasons) but I think I’d like to begin growing our family again sometime in the next year.
• Throw Milo an awesome first birthday party.
• Get better at makeup.
• Master latte art. I know, it’s silly. But I’m gonna get a freaking rosetta in my homemade latte if it’s the last thing I do!
• Less guilt. I know I’ve had this on my list of goals in the past and I know I’m getting better at it, but it’s still something I’d like to work on for myself.
• Get better at knitting. Another repeat goal. But I’m really gonna do it this time, oookaaay.
• Purge my closet/build a “capsule” wardrobe. I just bought a wireless printer on Facebook marketplace so now I can get back to the convenience selling my clothes online (more to come on this subject).
• Take more photos with my camera. I’ve been neglecting it lately because of the ease and quality of phone photos these days.
• Read. This could be a hard one because I haven’t sat down and read a book in a long loooong time & I have even less time for things like that now that Milo was born. We’ll see.
• Travel. There are so many places, near and far, that I’d like to see at least once and I’m hoping we’ll get to do a few fun little trips this year.
And there they are. Some big, some small. Some silly, some serious. I can’t wait to look back on these at the end of the year and (hopefully) say I’ve accomplished them. What are your goals for the new year? How do you plan to keep yourself accountable? I hope everyone’s 2017 was amazing, and hope that your 2018 will be even better!