How To Style A Chambray Shirt
Chambray is very in right now & I have joined in on the trend, happily including it as a staple in my wardrobe. A chambray shirt is simple, but stylish - and can be styled many different ways. Here are 5 ways that I absolutely I love!
1. Layered with a cardigan. You can never go wrong with layering, especially once the weather starts to cool down. I layered my favorite chambray shirt with a camel colored cardigan that I got a year or so back from a Goodwill. Throw on some white pants (I refuse to follow the dated "no white after labor day" rule), a pair of riding boots, and a blanket scarf - voila! You have an easy and adorable outfit that looks like it took effort.
2. With a skater skirt. I absolutely love the balance between the menswear-esque chambray shirt and the girly skater skirt. I had this cute little cranberry colored skirt hanging in my closet and thought they would go great together! I added some little brown booties and a creamy scarf for the finishing touches.
3. Layered under a flowy top. More layering! But this time, layered under a flowy striped shirt. It can be difficult to get your top layered properly over the chambray shirt, but I've found that putting a thin tank top in between your two layers can be very helpful. It helps to smooth things out and doesn't add any more bulk. Since the layering gives so much interest, you don't really need to add any jewelry. Just throw on a black pair of pants and if you want, you can do some subtle pattern mixing like I did with my pointed-toe cheetah print flats.
4. Tied around the waist. I've seen this trend all over and I've never really had the guts to try it. I think it's one of those things that some people love and some people hate. I'm not sure what category I'm in yet, but I absolutely love how it turned out with this striped midi dress! I've been avoiding wearing this dress because I didn't think it really flattered me anymore, but I decided to try the shirt around the waist thing and it worked better than I could have imagined. I added my cheetah print pumps and called it good.
5. Over a striped t-shirt. This was one of my easiest thrown together outfits, but it turned out to be one of my favorites. I had a pair of "leather" leggings that I thought would look cute with this. The striped tee I purchased recently, but had never worn yet since it's kind of baggy and I hadn't found the perfect opportunity - this was the perfect opportunity! I added a cute necklace, some black flats, and my favorite felt hat.
And if these aren't enough for you - check out this outfit I styled a couple months ago!
As you can see, stripes are a main staple in my wardrobe. Hope you guys like these & can take some inspiration for outfits of your own. If you do - you betta believe I want to see them! Happy Friday everyone.