DIY Hot Chocolate Bar
I've been seeing cute little hot chocolate bars all over Pinterest this year and decided it would be a super fun idea for a little get together with friends. Here is my version of a hot chocolate bar!
Isn't it fun? I wish I had some better photos, but I'm super happy with how it turned out and will likely be doing this for winters to come. Here are a few elements that can be included for a successful hot chocolate bar:
- Cute mugs (duh). This was pretty easy for me since I am really into collecting mugs (against my husband's wishes hahaha), but I also rounded up a few more holiday mugs from the thrift store and Dollar Tree
- Extra treats like chocolate mousse & cookies
- Cute chalkboard art
- A thermos to keep your hot cocoa warm. I made a big batch in a crockpot I kept in the kitchen and then just had a thermos full on my hot coca bar.
- Party favors. I like to make a few little treat containers for our closest friends, and thought this would be the perfect time to give them out. I also like to give out little glass bottles of my homemade eggnog.
- Toppings (my favorite part!): whipped cream, peppermint sticks, crushed candy cane, chocolate chips, homemade marshmallow, flavored/fun shaped marshmallow, pirouette cookies, crumbled oreos, homemade caramel, and Baily's or Kahlua
Let me know if any of you do a hot chocolate bar this winter! I'd love to see pictures. Hope everyone is staying warm.